Roles are abstract classes representing human agents; these also encapsulate behaviours and responsibilities.
CAIRIS supports 6 types of role:
|Stakeholder||Human agents the system needs to be directly or indirectly designed for.||IRIS Meta-model|
|Attacker||Human agents behaving maliciously.||IRIS Meta-model|
|Data Controller||The entity that determines the purposes, conditions and means of the processing of personal data.||GDPR|
|Data Processor||The entity that processes data on behalf of the Data Controller.||GDPR|
|Data Subject||A natural person whose personal data is processed by a controller or processor.||GDPR|
|Machine||Software agents that behave with some level of autonomy.|
Adding, updating, and deleting a role¶
- Select the Risk/Roles menu to open the Roles table, and click on the Add button to open the Role form.
- Enter a role name and description, and select the role type.
- Click on the Create button to Add the new role to the CAIRIS database.
- Existing roles can be modified by clicking on the role in the roles table, making the necessary changes, and clicking on the Update button.
- To delete a role, select the role to delete in the roles table, If any artifacts are dependent on this role then a dialog box stating these dependencies are displayed. The user has the option of selecting Yes to remove the role dependencies and the role itself, or No to cancel the deletion.
Responsibility models can be viewed by selecting the Models/Responsibility menu option and selecting the environment to view the environment for.
By changing the environment name in the environment combo box, the responsibility model for a different environment can be viewed. By clicking on a model element, information about that artifact can be viewed.
For details on how to print responsibility models as SVG files, see Generating Documentation.